Remote Jobs is the future of work and right now they can be a lifesaver for you.
If you’ve lost your job because of COVID-19 or were in the midst of job hunting when the pandemic hit, you may be wondering what to do next.
One thing’s for sure: don’t give up on job searching!
As challenging as these times may be, there are more successful ways than one to look for work and today’s guide will help you with that. Here are some remote jobs hunting strategies to use over the next few months:
Prepare For Your Remote Jobs Search
Browse the Best Remote Jobs Site
- Work from home / work-at-home
- Completely distributed or 100% distributed (which means a company doesn’t have a main office and all employees work remotely)
- Have you ever worked remotely?
- Why do you want to work remotely?
- What makes you a good fit for a remote position?
- What’s your communication style?
- What’s a secret you use to avoid distractions?
- What hours do you normally work?
Establish a Schedule and Routine
Job hunting can feel like a full-time job. It can be hard, challenging, and can lead to depression, overwhelm or burnout. Take care during these precious times. Establishing a routine will help bring some focus and structure to your day. One of our awesome community members, Bricelyn Jones suggests, “Take a break or a few days off if you’re feeling burned out and do something you enjoy (sometimes it’s good to give your efforts time to marinate). Eliminate other areas of noise that cause stress (constant news updates, social media, emails/subscriptions that don’t add value…etc.) Continually remind yourself and/or spend time with others who can remind you that you have value to offer and that it will eventually be recognized.”
Repeat the Process and Help Others Learn How to Find Remote Jobs
Freedom to work from anywhere.
Find remote jobs and connect with companies that offer you the freedom to work remotely from home or places around the world.